Media Center Control
Bug: Wrong Artist Tag. - Printable Version

+- Media Center Control (http://mediacentercontrol.com/forum2)
+-- Forum: Forums - CLOSED (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Bug: Wrong Artist Tag. (/showthread.php?tid=114)

Bug: Wrong Artist Tag. - LeeC22 - 12-16-2013 01:01 AM

When in "Album Artists" mode, albums should only be displayed, that have the chosen Artist in the "Album Artist" tag.

In the attached image, you can see the entry of "Charmed: The Final Chapter", which has a single track with Conjure One as "Contributing Artist".

If it was in "Artist" mode, then this track should show up, but in "Album Artist" mode, it shouldn't be here.

RE: Bug: Wrong Artist Tag. - LeeC22 - 03-10-2014 03:52 PM

Is this bug going to get fixed... or even acknowledged for that matter? I have the latest version, and this bug is still present. In "Album Artist" mode, I just want to see that artist's albums... like Media Centre does.

RE: Bug: Wrong Artist Tag. - LeeC22 - 03-27-2014 11:51 PM

Well, I guess your position has been made perfectly clear with your lack of response. You seem happy to take our money, yet unwilling to fix the problems in the software we pay for. Funny how there seems to be a breed of developers, all writing Media Centre related applications, that all seem to have the exact same philosophy.

I suppose it proves that just because someone has access to an SDK, it doesn't turn them into responsible software developers. I guess that sense of morality just comes with experience, and a natural respect for the people buying your software. Being a software developer isn't just about the app you release, it's about the level of support you provide after that. I'm sure when you buy something, you expect a level of support to fix problems. That's what the people who buy your app expect, and more importantly, deserve.

I will unsubscribe from all threads on here, and shall compose a review that reflects my experience with the app (including the windows side) and the support. I would advise you take some time to consider whether software development is something you're cut out for. Unless you can manage to write something that is 100% perfect, I see a very troubled future, for you and the people who end up paying for the end result.