Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Android 4.3 Galaxy S3 connection fails
04-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Android 4.3 Galaxy S3 connection fails
I want to connect to my PC using the home WiFi access point. Simple, no Internet.
I have followed all the recommendations to fix this problem, set up my WiFi router to enable connections inside the LAN, but nothing helps, smartphone refuses to connect.

I am an experienced IT professional, able to follow ADB commands if it helps.
Find all posts by this user
04-25-2014, 09:03 AM
RE: Android 4.3 Galaxy S3 connection fails
Is the MCC Android app finding the server ip automatically? Sometimes it helps to set the firewall again (with button in the server settings) and reboot PC and Android. And be sure that the correct IP adress is used. Try to avoid names (DNS) until it works with IP.
04-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks MGehlhaar, I have tried all you recommend, naturally tried IP address, checked my WiFi router for any messages re blocking, nothing works. I turned "Debugging" on on the Galaxy, any useful way to see the debugging log?
06-09-2014, 11:00 AM
(04-26-2014 01:19 PM)xoyo Wrote:  Thanks MGehlhaar, I have tried all you recommend, naturally tried IP address, checked my WiFi router for any messages re blocking, nothing works. I turned "Debugging" on on the Galaxy, any useful way to see the debugging log?

How do I get refund for an app that does not work after I spent waaaay too much time trying. It simply cannot identify the PC server. Firewall open, IP address (not DNS), port open on router, nothing.
06-12-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry that it's not working for you. For a refund, just let me know the email address you have used for purchasing the app. contact@mediacentercontrol.com