Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Launch with WMC in Windows 8.1
02-11-2014, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2014 06:54 AM by enek.)
Auto Launch with WMC in Windows 8.1
So I've played around a bit with MCC an WMC in Windows 8.1. I have a few observations and just wanted someone to verify this is the expected behaviour.

1. "Start MCC with Windows" doesn't work. This isn't much of a surprise since you can't even autostart WMC with Windows 8.1 anymore. Work around is to copy the MCC shortcut to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\"

2. If I click the MCC shortcut, MCC runs in the taskbar, WMC starts and I am able to connect via my android device. SUCCESS!

However, If I start WMC, the MCC addin starts but the MCC program does not (not running in taskbar). My android device cannot connect to MCC.

It appears the MCC Windows Service running does not affect the operation of MCC at all. It's my assumption that the service is what should launch MCC when a connection attempt is made. On my computer it appears the MCC service running fine and is listening on port 50295.

Is there anyway to get the MCC program to run when Media Center and MCC addin is running without manually executing the MCC program? What is the the MCC Service supposed to do?
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Auto Launch with WMC in Windows 8.1 - enek - 02-11-2014 06:53 AM