Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MCC Plug-in Knocked out Live TV
11-19-2012, 12:52 PM
MCC Plug-in Knocked out Live TV
Have you had others reporting this? The the plug in knocked out the live-tv feed? I wasn't sure what was going on when I discovered that TV wasn't working. I started uninstalling the last things that were installed and that was MCC.

I loved your remote. It was so much better at handling the network than 'unified'. You would click a button and it would actually respond, it would take commands and not just suggestions.

Anyway... I was using your remote for watching already recorded TV, and for music for a day or two, I hadn't yet tested it on live-tv.

I have a Hauppauge Win-TV-2650 it connects via USB (CableCard box) and I use the Windows 7's Digital Cable Advisor.

I would ask what is all that extra controls and settings in the MCC-Tv-Settings for? I noticed that everytime I was trying to run WMC (after turning it off and on again ... and rebooting the machine) it would say - 'MCC-Addin' ...

What I really want the remote for, just like I've used in 'unified' is to change the channel and to pause, start, possibly to jump back, forward.... Do I need an add-in for that?

But anyway this is what I had to do to get it working again:
I uninstalled MCC, MCC-Addin. That wasn't enough. I had to reinstall my Hauppauge drivers, than I could see the tuners again on my cable box (or the Hauppauge box),
Find all posts by this user
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM
RE: MCC Plug-in Knocked out Live TV
What do you meen with knocked out? Your Live-TV isn't working at all if you install MCC?

I'm (and many other users) using Live-TV every day. What MCC does is to serve you the whole EPG to your Android, like it does with the music section for example. For that reason there are some options in the server settings to control the used bandwith.
11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
(11-19-2012 01:17 PM)MGehlhaar Wrote:  What do you meen with knocked out? Your Live-TV isn't working at all if you install MCC?

Lol 'meen' I meen, after installation, my WMC could not find the tuners on my Hauppauge device. So as I said above, I unstalled, and needed to reinstall the hauppage drivers.
11-19-2012, 02:33 PM
That is odd. MCC does not make any changes to WMC.
11-19-2012, 08:49 PM
(11-19-2012 02:33 PM)MGehlhaar Wrote:  That is odd. MCC does not make any changes to WMC.

There are some odd TV functions: Something that you can configure in MCC settings. Like channels in the TV-settings. Is it possible that this is causing an issue. I've gone through your manual and now understand that the 'add-in' is required for WMC. But what all is it really doing to my WMC? You say it doesn't make changes. However I was trying to run WMC-TV (and it didn't work), it did have a message saying, 'MCC add-in' for a couple of seconds, so some changes were made.
11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Yes, you need the MCC addin for WMC. It's reading the EPG data out of WMC and provides it to the MCC server. The message you got is just for information that the MCC addin was started. You need to wait for this message until you get any EPG information out of MCC. WMC is starting addins delayed. Thats the reason I made this information. You can disable the message in the server settings by the way.

All the TV related settings in the MCC server are for filtering and sorting the output of the EPG in MCC. Not a single change is made by MCC to your WMC system. OK, thats not 100% correct. You can delete your recordings and change the autostart of WMC.
11-20-2012, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 03:46 PM by robertkjr3d.)
Do you know anybody else that uses a Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650? with MCC