Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starting WMC immediately with Remote Server
11-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Thumbs Down Starting WMC immediately with Remote Server
(Disclaimer) At the moment I'm not sure I'm going to be able to use your product again (another thread). However I did think it had great potential.

One feature I would request is: Ok I like the server to run in the tray, that is fine. But does it have to always start WMC along with it? Like the two applications are joined at the hip. It is almost as if you have written a hijack application to WMC. I want to be able to choose with my remote when to start WMC.

Then with the above feature, I would select this option: 'Start with windows' (check) and then it wouldn't start the WMC immediately when windows starts, which is undesirable.

Thankx,

Robert
Find all posts by this user
11-19-2012, 01:13 PM
RE: Starting WMC immediately with Remote Server
This behaviour is by design. If you install an addin for WMC, it starts with WMC. This only way prevent this is to disable the addin in WMC settings.
11-19-2012, 02:05 PM
(11-19-2012 01:13 PM)MGehlhaar Wrote:  This behaviour is by design. If you install an addin for WMC, it starts with WMC. This only way prevent this is to disable the addin in WMC settings.

Without the add-in... I couldn't get your MCC remote to work. Was I doing something wrong?
11-19-2012, 02:34 PM
That's correct.
11-19-2012, 07:26 PM
(11-19-2012 02:34 PM)MGehlhaar Wrote:  That's correct.
non sequitur.. What is correct? What I'm saying is: I want just the remote to work. I don't wish to have my WMC messed with. The original statement was: I want the remote to be able to fire WMC when I command it to do so (you know when I push a button)... not automatically.

It appeared that the remote was useless until I installed the WMC add-in. (is this what you saying is correct?)

If the above is true... why does it say, that the add-in is 'optional'?
11-19-2012, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 08:53 PM by robertkjr3d.)
Ok I went through you manual again. I sorta get it, but not your reasoning.: If you use the remote just for WMP than I could get away not installing the 'add-in'.

However I believe you will lose many customers on this: Including me. (unfortunately you already have my money d'oh) Bottome line being. You cannot 'Start the remote' with windows'... It forces you to start WMC on every reboot if you do. 'meening' If this is by design: "your design needs work"
11-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I was searching your old forums, and found this: in connection of the release of v1.3.2:

- Addin: Addin can start the MCC server.
- Server: MCC server must not be started before WMC anymore
- Server: "Start MCC with windows" now correspond with the WMC setting "Start WMC on windows startup"

However that is exactly the setting I want to uncheck... I do want to start the MCC remote (with windows). Conversely, I do not want to start WMC with windows.

Do I need to consider an older version of your product?
11-20-2012, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 09:27 AM by MGehlhaar.)
OK, I got it. What you need is that MCC is running in standby and starts WMC if you need it only? You need to uncheck the option for autostart WMC/MCC. That's it. The background service of MCC is always running and starts MCC/WMC if a device is connecting.

EDIT: And you can close WMC/MCC from your Android by selecting Exit > Close player and MCC
11-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Thank you... However I'm an IT guy and I didn't understand this from your install files, or even from the docs. Or from the intuitive nature of the program. So I suggest you modify and/or simplify your install files and docs.
11-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Markus your app is well documented and I had no problems following along the documentation. I'm not an IT guy and I understood everything just fine.

I use MCC on Win7 Home Premium and your app is working very nicely for us...Thanks for your hard work, may you have continued success!