Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starting WMC immediately with Remote Server
11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: Starting WMC immediately with Remote Server
I'm just saying the older - 'Start WMC on windows startup' (although I'm not sure who would actually want that...) seems much more of an intuitive setting.

When you say 'start MCC from startup', I was picturing in my head that my android remote, wasn't going to work at all until I started the MCC and WMC manually. I had no idea I could start it from my pad.
Find all posts by this user
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
(11-20-2012 02:45 PM)robertkjr3d Wrote:  I'm just saying the older - 'Start WMC on windows startup' (although I'm not sure who would actually want that...) seems much more of an intuitive setting.

When you say 'start MCC from startup', I was picturing in my head that my android remote, wasn't going to work at all until I started the MCC and WMC manually. I had no idea I could start it from my pad.

The option 'start MCC from startup' isn't a well choosen from me as description. If you select WMC as player, this option is the same as in WMC (it starts WMC on startup and if the addin loads it starts up server also). But if you choose WMP as player, this options starts MCC server on startup, which starts WMP then.
11-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Yes, I get the concept (..now). However, I'm not sure why this would be a desired functionality for someone? Perhaps to start WMC-in TV mode to your favorite tv-channel on Windows start-up.

--- And what would ever be the purpose of starting WMP on startup?---

However I would guess that for most-users, the fastest computer start-up with the least amount of stuff slowing down the computer on reboot would be desired. (less waiting...)

I just wanted simple working remote (as opposed to others that don't work). To change channels, to pause, jump forward video, from my android pad.
11-21-2012, 08:44 AM
(11-20-2012 06:57 PM)robertkjr3d Wrote:  Yes, I get the concept (..now). However, I'm not sure why this would be a desired functionality for someone? Perhaps to start WMC-in TV mode to your favorite tv-channel on Windows start-up.

--- And what would ever be the purpose of starting WMP on startup?---

However I would guess that for most-users, the fastest computer start-up with the least amount of stuff slowing down the computer on reboot would be desired. (less waiting...)

I just wanted simple working remote (as opposed to others that don't work). To change channels, to pause, jump forward video, from my android pad.

I'm using Nettop Atom PC's as HTPC in my living room. And I'm only using them for WMC. OK, they are in standby the most time and WMC is already started if I wake them up, but after a reboot (Windows hotfixes for example) it's a good option to have WMC started with windows.

But what's the problem? You have the choice. Wink