Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cannot start MCC/WMC from external network
01-24-2014, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014 04:49 AM by eraser8.)
Cannot start MCC/WMC from external network
Hi M.

I have another small fix for you. I currently trying to open the WMC using the MCC from an external network and it doesn't work. After investigated it, I know why.

When I shutdown the program, WMC and MCC server apps shut down both. But, the MCC service is still running. This service listen on port 36100 UDP (correct me if I'm wrong). When I try to open MCC on my tablet from external network, it send a UDP request on port 36100 but ONLY using broadcast address x.x.x.255 instead using the destination address. So, it works when you are connected on the same network but not from outside.

Please, can you fix it ASAP because I would like to be able to control my HTPC totally from outside of my home.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
01-30-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Cannot start MCC/WMC from external network
Hi, did you add a rule to your router/firewall, which is forwarding the WOL paket?

Code:
From ANY (any address) UDP port 7 to YourBroadcastAddress port 7

Where YourBroadcastAddress is something like 192.168.0.255
01-30-2014, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 07:26 PM by eraser8.)
(01-30-2014 06:11 PM)MGehlhaar Wrote:  Hi, did you add a rule to your router/firewall, which is forwarding the WOL paket?

Code:
From ANY (any address) UDP port 7 to YourBroadcastAddress port 7

Where YourBroadcastAddress is something like 192.168.0.255

Hi M,

For sure, the redirection is already done since a while for now. My Computer Wake up correctly from external network when I open MCC. The current problem is when the computer is already running but the MCC server app/WMC are not running, there is only the MCC service running in the background. As you should know, this service listen on port 31600 UDP. The MCC app on my tablet send ONLY a broadcast packet with this UDP 31600 and not with the specific destination address. With the specific address as destination, we could Wake up the MCC server from external network without any problem.

I just need this packet ( UDP port 31600 with HTPC destination address) the same way you send a broadcast packet to Wake up the MCC Server app through the MCC Windows service.

Please, let me know if I'm not clear and you need more détails of what I need.

Thanks again
01-31-2014, 12:20 PM
OK, now I understand the problem. Thanks for figuring this out. I will check it and report back here.
01-31-2014, 01:46 PM
(01-31-2014 12:20 PM)MGehlhaar Wrote:  OK, now I understand the problem. Thanks for figuring this out. I will check it and report back here.

Thank you M. I look forward to see the next update Smile
03-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Hi Markus,

Do you have some news about that? Is new version coming?

Thanks