Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
error remoting wmp, empty list and WMP error
06-28-2014, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 01:16 AM by Bert.)
error remoting wmp, empty list and WMP error
Hi all,

I got a weird thing happen with my MCC. I got it running on a Win7 64 Bit machine since the setup last year and everything worked as expected.

I can still connect through my tablet but when clicking on a the Music tab all I get is Please wait... which stays there forever.

The same happens with other tabs like TV (can't go into the channels list, Now, Prime Time, Best of the Day any more) and the Photos tab.

The Streaming Radio (webradio) which worked fine before shows just 'Empty list'. Checking the config on the Win machine shows all radio station still in there.

I can still use the icon-based remote control feature in MCC on the tablet and navigate through the WMC menus, start music, movies and TV but not through the normal MCC app.

I noticed the MCC creates an error message in the background (you need to minimise WMC) saying 'Can't establish a connection to the media player). It comes up after 3-4 min as a normal Windows error windows.

The server_debug says:
Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcPort.Connect(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel impersonationLevel, Int32 timeout)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.ConnectionCache.GetConnection(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel level, Int32 timeout)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMess​age msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IM​essage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at MCC_Service_Remoting.IServer._login(IClient client)
at MCC_Service_Remoting.RemoteClient.Connect()
28/06/2014 10:37:42 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:37:54 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:38:06 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:38:18 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:38:30 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:38:42 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:38:55 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:39:07 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:39:19 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:39:31 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:39:43 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:39:56 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:40:08 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:40:20 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:40:32 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:40:44 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:40:57 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:41:09 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:41:21 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:41:33 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:41:45 AM: error remoting wmp
28/06/2014 10:41:45 AM: failed to start MCC!!!
28/06/2014 10:41:46 AM: error hooking wmp. requesting retry by user.

So, it has something to do with the WMP obviously. I haven't changed anything at the config of Windows apart of the usual Windows Updates.

I'm not sure where to go from here, any help is much appreciated.

Thank you, great app though!

Cheers,
Bert
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2014, 11:23 AM
RE: error remoting wmp, empty list and WMP error
Markus, any idea what this may be caused by????

Any help and advice is appreciated...

Thanks!
07-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Is this software/app still been supported and looked after? Is Markus still around and responding to enquiries here in the forum?

Thanks!
07-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Hi Bert, yes I'm reading this forums. Smile

In the error log just before the line
Code:
Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcPort.Connect(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel impersonationLevel, Int32 timeout)

There should be more information about the error. Something like:
Code:
remoting error: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException:

Best would be to send me the whole debug file to contact@mediacentercontrol.com
07-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks, Markus.

You've already replied to my email as well. I'll give your suggestion in there a go and post the result back here in the forum so everyone can benefit from it...

Thanks again.

Cheers,
BERT
07-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Markus, you're right.
The following error message comes up in the server_debug:
remoting error: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

As per your email question, if the MCC is been launched when I just start WMC: yes, the add-in is been started and when I minimise WMC it has started MCC as well in background.

I will try your suggestion tonight and uninstall MCC server and the Add-in including deleting the folders %localappdata%\MCC Addin and %localappdata%\MCC_Server and also delete the three task schedules in regards to MCC. Afterwards I install again and see if that fixes the problem...

Thanks for that, I'll report back here...

Cheers,
BERT
07-23-2014, 09:31 AM
OK, guys, I have followed Markus' instructions and removed/reinstalled MCC and the addin.

The same error happens again now...

Windows error message and server_debug attached (whole server_debug since reinstallation)...

The Addin still shows Empty List or does the Please Wait animation forever when selecting for example Music/Folders on my tablet/phone

Any thoughts...?

Cheers,
BERT

Attached File(s)
.txt  mcc_server_debug.txt (Size: 1.91 KB / Downloads: 3)
07-23-2014, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 12:55 PM by MGehlhaar.)
Please check that the Windows feature "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1" is enabled. Look at the attached image.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...=windows-7

The disabled NET fixed the problem for another user.

EDIT:
Please check that the Windows service "Media Center Control" is running.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-23-2014, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 02:22 PM by Bert.)
OK, checked the settings and read the other thread. This user had a slightly different problem as only his movies would not show up. I can't see anything, it says empty list or the waiting animation comes up.

.Net Framework was enabled and I even have enabled the 2 sub-features under this point to get the 'full tick' for the .net Framework... Restarted the machine in between but still the same error with the IPC-port as per attached server_debug...

MCC Service is up and running

Huh

Will send you an email with the login details for my MCC server so you can see what it does and what not. Maybe you get a better idea what's going on...

Cheers,
BERT

WTF??? Just tried again and it works this time! While I as typing the other reply here it has repaired itself... Undecided

Still getting the following messages in the server_debug every 3s (!):
Code:
Server stack trace:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.ConnectionCache.GetConnection(String portName, Boolean secure, TokenImpersonationLevel level, Int32 timeout)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Ipc.IpcClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMess​age msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IM​essage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at MCC_Service_Remoting.IServer._login(IClient client)
   at MCC_Service_Remoting.RemoteClient.Connect()
23/07/2014 11:05:21 PM: remoting error: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.

It still brings the IPC error. Is this normal to log this every 3s?

So the toggle of the .net Framework has triggered something. .net is now turned on as it was before with the square dot in the box (not the full tick) and it works now. It also does not come up with the Windows error about the WMP any more....

I'll see how it behaves the next days and report back here... very strange and it will blow up the server_debug eventually... it grows 1kB every 3s Sad

Thanks!

Cheers,
BERT

Attached File(s)
.txt  mcc_server_debug.txt (Size: 199.32 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-24-2014, 10:03 PM
I think I got it... nailed it down!

I did some research in the German part of this forum and found this thread who explains basically to get your .Net installation right and how to repair it. I downloaded this tool from MS and ran it but it did not find any errors in the installation. Afterwards I did a complete re-installation of .Net from here and restarted the machine as requested.
Since then it's working, even now in the morning Smile

I really hope it was only the .Net installation which was dodgy... and I don't have to post under this thread again. Cool

Thanks for you help, Markus! Best App ever, especially the webradio part is superb!

Cheers from Australia,
BERT