Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feature request/bug fix for music?
11-26-2012, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 09:24 PM by RayN.)
Feature request/bug fix for music?
Hi,
I purchased MCC the other day and am in the process learning how it works. I was able to get my Movies to show up thanks to your hint regarding My Movies. I really like how this is working.

However, I'm having a little trouble dealing with music. Firstly, I have a very large music database (over 14,000 tracks) and it seems like it's only finding a fraction of the tracks. Is there a limitation on this?

Secondly, It would help me out a lot if the views were more hierarchical, or at least configurable. For example, clicking on genre would produce a list of artists in that genre. Then clicking on as artist would produce a list of albums for that artist, and finally, clicking on the album would produce the track list. Would that be possible?

Thank you,
Ray
Find all posts by this user
11-27-2012, 08:53 AM
RE: Feature request/big fix for music?
Hi Ray,

Windows Media Player need some time to build ub the media library. If you don't see all your tracks, it's a WMP library issue. Media Center is using this library too.

Long hold an item gives you more options. If you hold an artist, you can choose show albums from the menu.
12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
RE: Feature request/big fix for music?
Ok, the problem with the first part of my post is that most of my music is FLAC. I did see the registry fix for audio files other than MP3. However, I added the ExtAudio key, rebooted and still cannot see any of the FLAC files.

Oh, and thanks a bunch for the long-press hint!

Ray
01-09-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: Feature request/bug fix for music?
Bumping. Any ideas for me on the FLAC issue?

Thanks
01-11-2013, 11:06 AM
RE: Feature request/bug fix for music?
Hi, it should be really easy. Be sure that your WMP can read the FLAC Tags. I'm using WMP Tag Plus for this.

The ExtAudio Registry value must be set to see flac files in the folder view.
Please check it. Open regedit. Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MCC and look for the String ExtAudio. The value should be FLAC.

After setting the reg value, you have to restart the MCC server.