Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Extender Problems
01-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Extender Problems
Ok, Windows 8 x64 with Windows Media Center, bought the app for my wife's Samsung Galaxy S III.

The MCC may have nothing to do with it, but suddenly we can't connect to the Windows Media Center PC from the XBox 360. Could the two be related? Are there any known issues?

Thanks,
RushB
Find all posts by this user
01-14-2013, 09:16 AM
RE: Extender Problems
Hi, MCC and extenders are not working together. But MCC isn't preventing extenders from connecting. If you connect with an extender MCC isn't working anymore and you have to restart MCC. But extenders should work normal.
01-24-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: Extender Problems
(01-14-2013 09:16 AM)MGehlhaar Wrote:  If you connect with an extender MCC isn't working anymore and you have to restart MCC.

Not sure I understand this. Does this mean that every time I use my Xbox 360 as an extender MCC will stop working on the main HTPC?

I have two Xboxs in different rooms and regularly use them as extenders to watch live or recorded tv coming from my HTPC. It would be a real PITA to have to restart MCC after each time I use them. I'm aware that you can't control the extenders with MCC, but does using the extenders crash MCC?