Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need API/HTML Output
08-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Need API/HTML Output
Is there any way to get the currently playing media on an HTTP Get response?

If not, can you PLEASE build this into the next version of your server? I am using tasker, and need to get a few data items.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: Need API/HTML Output
Markus..

It would be nice if you could address this. I think an API for the server would be really cool and you could even charge for the server version that has the API. That way you recover money that won't be spent on the app on the play store.

Let me know your thoughts.

You are apparently the only one that has support for "Now Playing" on all forms of media (within Media Center) and I'd like to develop a couple things around your server. I'd rather not hack into the webstream to understand how this works using wireshark to reverse engineer your products.

A very simple XML output is all I'm asking for.
02-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a nice idea to read some metadata from outside MCC for use in other apps/widgets. But I think that only a few people will benefit from this. And I like to keep things as simple as possible.
02-07-2014, 06:16 PM
You gotta think outside the box. If only some people use your API, that could still mean a lot of sales for you if one person builds an application and markets it properly, you'll see sales from each of the new clients that the developer brings on.

It should have a doubling effect and then other developers will start to see the product and then will also start developing.

If you won't do this, please think about a Growl notification so this "Current Play" info can be parsed in some way or another..

I don't care if you save the data to the hard drive each time the "Current Play" changes (obviously not the time counter) but this would be great for development..
02-08-2014, 09:52 AM
or... If you'd like, let me know what I need to do to pull up the current media "Now Playing" title on a telnet/ssh session. That would suffice.

That's all the information I really need anyway.