Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FormatException in parsing XML
10-17-2013, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2013 06:36 PM by eraser8.)
FormatException in parsing XML
Hi, first of all thank you for your brillant app.

Yesterday, I noticed that I couldn't fond 2 movies in my list. I checked the debug log and it seems to have a parsing error during the xml parsing process.

The strange thing is that I use perfectly the same whay to build the "mymovies.xml" METADATA files than the rest of my Library.

Please can you take a look to it and help me? Thanks

Here is the error in the debug log from 1 of the 2 files that make this error:

2013-10-17 12:54:30: movies: xml error: E:\FILMS AVI\Iron Man 2 (2010) [SD]\mymovies.xml
2013-10-17 12:54:30: System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
à System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
à System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
à MCC_Server.Form1.mm_getMyMovieMetadata(String myMoviesFile)
à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
à System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
à System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
à MCC_Server.Form1.mm_getMyMovieMetadata(String myMoviesFile)
MCC Server v1.6.4
2013-10-17 12:54:30: remoting error: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Échec de la connexion à un port IPC : Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.

I also put the mymovies.xml in attachement

Thanks again

Hi,

I reprocess the fetch for metadata and not, the parsing don't generate any error and I can see it on my tablet.

Don't loose your time with for me but it was a weird bug. Also, I forgot to tell that I saw the 2 missing movies in the WMC when I tried to manually search it....

Thanks and good luck for future improvement.

Attached File(s)
.zip  mymovies.zip (Size: 4.78 KB / Downloads: 3)
Find all posts by this user
10-22-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: FormatException in parsing XML
Thanks for posting it. I will have a look into it.
10-23-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: FormatException in parsing XML
Hi there. I found the bug. In the xml the rating tag is present, but not filled with any data. This was not handled correctly by the code. It's will be fixed with the next update.