Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feature request - Radio
11-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Feature request - Radio
Hi, strictly this isn't a feature request of the Android app, but of the main server app.

Many years ago, I used a plugin called VMC NetCreator - this allowed you to add internet radio streams to MCE - the big plus point for me was that it added the streams to MCE standard 'radio' function. So rather than getting the message 'No FM Tuner found', I instead saw my Internet radio stations. This was great for The Wife Factor because it was nice and logical - you press 'radio' and you hear radio stations! This app no longer works on Windows 7 and is abandonware now.

MCC allows you to add Internet radio stations, but as far as I'm aware, you can only control these from the phone app - it would be BRILLIANT if you could also get access to these stations through MCE's standard 'radio' feature.

I know there are apps out there which allow you to add radio stations, but none of them add them to the standard 'radio' function - I think it might be a simple tweak of MCC!

Can this be done please?

Gavin
Find all posts by this user
11-19-2012, 11:39 AM
RE: Feature request - Radio
I often start to investigate into this. But always run into problems. There are so many different radio addins, and every single of them behave in another way. There is no standard. Instead of supporting them all, I decited to make it the way it is now.
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Thank you - I'm not sure if you've misunderstood me though.

I'm happy adding URLs for internet radio stations to the MCC Windows application, but can you make these added radio stations also appear in the 'music', 'radio' option in Media Center itself?

Is this possible?

Gavin
11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Yes, this should be possible and is a good idea.
11-19-2012, 02:44 PM
(11-19-2012 02:35 PM)MGehlhaar Wrote:  Yes, this should be possible and is a good idea.

Thank you. This is one of the best £4.20s I've spent!